Saturday, October 19, 2019

October 17, 18, 2019

Early Thursday morning I ventured into Canatara Park before work.  I had no idea that the fountains surrounding the animal farm had lights on them.

I chose a different route, thinking it would be too dark to photograph anything.  As I was walking through the beach parking lot, I looked up to see 10 Great Egrets.  Since they were flying so low, I believe they had spent the night roosting in trees around Lake Chipican!



The colours on the maples at Henderson Conservation Area were delightful to see as I walked along the trails during my lunch break.

After work, Deryl wanted to head to the Forest Lagoons to find a Red Phalarope, discovered there earlier in the afternoon.  We were able to see it clearly, but it was far across the water so pictures aren't worth posting.  This siting was my first for the species in Ontario!

On the way home from Forest, we took a chance to get some sunset shots at Highland Glen.  An unknown couple made perfect silhouettes in the darkening sky!
Breath taking!!!  And to top off the evening, we arrived home to the sound of a Great Horned Owl calling in our backyard!  We weren't able to see it in the night sky.

No comments:

Post a Comment