Sunday, February 9, 2020

A Busy Week

It was a very busy week and I didn't have much time outside with my camera. 

The incredibly warm weather early in the week, was fooling some House Sparrows into collecting nesting material in February!  I hope they didn't get around to laying eggs!

4 Harlequins, (Ducks, not romance novels) have been hanging out in the St. Clair River this weekend.  As noted in Hinterland Who's Who, "It gets its English name from characters in Italian comedy that wear masks and have oddly painted costumesThey are a shy sea duck, about half the weight of a mallard." Deryl got a great photo of them yesterday!


When I had a chance to check them out today, they ended up taking flight.  The birds were much closer than the ones we saw on Vancouver Island last spring.

While joking about the Harlequin Ducks, I realized that Valentine's Day is this week and thought a beautiful red Cardinal would be a good way to sign off! Have a nice week!

No comments:

Post a Comment