Friday, December 1, 2023

 Eye To The Sky!

More than 300 Sandhill Cranes flew directly over my head Thursday afternoon. They came from behind, and it was their magical "bugling" call that caused me to look up! Based upon reports near Grand Bend, they followed the Lake Huron shoreline towards Sarnia, presumably migrating south from Manitoulin Island.

There seemed to be some indecision in their travel plans. Some of the cranes circled, possibly thinking it was time for a break. From my vantage point in Canatara Park, all of the birds seemed to continue in a south-westerly direction without stopping for a rest.

I haven't seen many migrating flocks of Tundra Swans this fall. I happened to be looking in the right direction when these 10 birds passed silently overhead.

American Black Ducks over Lake Huron. 

American Wigeon

Herring Gull doing a fly-by along Canatara Beach.

Morning Sunrise!

No comments:

Post a Comment