Saturday, January 11, 2020


This weekend's rains inspired me to look through some old photos for today's post.

Rascally Raccoons!

Raccoons show a lot of character and I enjoy photographing them while we are out and about looking for birds.

This fellow was "bathing" in the top of a tree snag, relaxing on his back....not at all concerned about hikers on the nearby trail.

One early morning in June 2018 I looked out my kitchen window to find this family of 5 navigating along the chain link fence in our backyard.

They were headed in the direction of Canatara Park and didn't hang around long. The youngsters were having a very difficult time balancing on the metal rod!

One month later I found a family of 5 in the park. Perhaps it was the same group that paraded through my backyard in June?

Some times the whole coon doesn't quite fit into the sleeping hole.

This pair of "teenagers" appeared to be "out back" having a smoke!

Although a mostly nocturnal creature, they can be very curious during daylight hours.

"The morning after the night before!"  Must have been a long night!

No comments:

Post a Comment