Wednesday, April 14, 2021

 A Visit to Henderson C.A.

I spent Tuesday morning walking the trails at Henderson Conservation Area near Petrolia. Here are some of my favourite pics.

Black Cherry blossoms were in full bloom!

It has been months since I last fed the Black-capped Chickadees, but a pair of them darted over to me for some seeds. Luckily I had a few in my pocket.

A quick glance at this Chickadee reveals an unusually large beak, but the positioning of the sunflower seed created the illusion.

A curious Northern Cardinal closely watched the hand feeding action. This photo was taken with my macro lens which shows how close he was. I have seen pictures of Cardinals hand feeding. I think if you had the patience, (which I don't) this fellow could be convinced to hand feed.

An immature Bald Eagle did a fly around with a stick. After circling the water, he returned to the same branch, stick still grasped in his talons.

A mink ran across the trail in front of me. It didn't go very far, dropped into a hole and peered back at me. Normally they disappear out of site when I find them.

I was happy to find some Spring Beauty in the woods. I love the candy-striped petals!

Both Yellow and White Trout Lilies are blooming 
on the forest floor! The white flower is relatively rare.


No comments:

Post a Comment