Wednesday, February 9, 2022

  Recent Winter Birds:

During a walk through Bridgeview Park and Petrolia Discovery, I noticed a Great Blue Heron standing beside an open water hole. I believe he has been there all winter. Since he has survived the latest cold snap, fingers crossed that he continues to find food until spring arrives!

A Red-tailed Hawk stands in a vine covered tree top eating his lunch.

I wasn't able to see the hawk's prize, but black fur on the ground nearby indicated that squirrel was probably on the menu.

A Carolina Wren in the snow.

I looked towards a scratching noise and saw a Red-bellied Woodpecker at head height staring back at me! He allowed me to take a few pictures before he moved on.

I hadn't crossed paths with the Wild Turkeys in about 2 weeks but found them having a picnic overlooking Lake Huron this morning!

 A Black Squirrel seemed to be very cautious and curious about these very large birds!

No comments:

Post a Comment