Tuesday, August 8, 2023

 A Green Theme:

Green Frog sitting on a lily pad: He was so well camouflaged, that I didn't notice him until he sneezed. Not sure if frogs actually sneeze, but that is my best description of the sound he made!

Green Herons are becoming more tolerant of people as they tend to be later in the summer. I watched one walk back and forth along a floating log hunting for minnows and dragonflies.

I don't know which "Leaf Roller" creature rolled up this leaf, but I admired the "silk stitching" used to maintain the structure of the tube.

Female Eastern Pond Hawk: They are often found hunting in the meadow.

Striped Sweat Bee

A Robber fly that I rescued from a water-filled pail following a recent rain. He was doing the backstroke when I found him!

Brilliant Jumping Spider! Love the green fangs!

A Katydid resting on a Common Teasel goes almost unnoticed as it blends in with the bracts on the flower head.

No comments:

Post a Comment