Friday, February 2, 2024

 A Snowy Owl Flew Off Lake Huron and Landed on The Beach!

During a walk along the beach, I was trying to determine what some noisy squirrels were nattering at. It was my lucky day because a Snowy Owl chose that time to come off Lake Huron for a landing.

I only saw the last few meters of its approach before it landed. It's possible that the owl flew in from Michigan.

It sat and stared at me. I was 50 yards away.

Another quick flight a little further inland.

It then landed on some metal stakes where its head bobbed up and down as it listened for the sounds of a future meal running through the long grasses. I didn't want to disturb it in its quest for food, so turned and walked in the opposite direction. A very cool experience!! As I moved further away, I glanced over my shoulder to see that it was moving on.

No comments:

Post a Comment