Wednesday, May 20, 2020

Lift Off!

My entrance to Canatara was well timed yesterday as I arrived
 in time to watch an Osprey pluck a Goldfish out of Lake Chipican.
The fish was large, so it took awhile before the Osprey got enough lift to fly away.

We don't often see female Scarlet Tanagers. They are very well
 camouflaged in comparison to their male counterparts. (below.)
For years I've been telling primary kids that Chipmunks relax on lawn
 chairs under Mayapples. I finally found a chipmunk under the Mayapples! 
Now I just need to find one sitting on a miniature lawn chair!

While visiting The Pinery last weekend, we found a new butterfly for my life list!. 
A Hoary Elfin!

Lots of mating activity happening in the park. 

Snapping Turtles are on the move.  Must be mating season for them too!



No comments:

Post a Comment