Sunday, May 24, 2020

Magical May Morning

We were greeted with a rainbow over Lake Huron this morning. A faint rainbow was
 visible so we stayed and watched it grow into one that stretched across the entire sky! 

I managed to get both Bluebirds in the same picture frame! 
I think they were also in awe of the rainbow!
A few days ago, the male Bluebird surprised me by landing at the edge of the small pond.
The small pond provides nice shelter for many babies including these
 Wood Duck ducklings. The other 8 ducklings were ahead of Mom.

Although the warbler numbers are decreasing as they migrate further north, other birds are becoming more prominent including this Green Heron who landed on a branch right above me. I counted 3 Green Herons along the trail that day.

The male Coopers Hawk was hunting this morning, probably
staking out a nearby backyard feeder to catch food for his growing family.

We haven't seen any sign of Coopers Hawk chicks yet but I assume they have hatched.
Mom's tail is sticking out beyond the nest as she shields them from the elements.

Deryl was up early yesterday hoping for Whimbrels and snapped this sunrise over Lake Huron.

No comments:

Post a Comment