Wednesday, January 6, 2021

 Squirrels in the Neighbourhood:

A white squirrel has made a home in Germain Park. I made my first attempt at locating it over the Christmas Break. It is not an albino, (eye is black, not red) but a mutation of the Eastern Grey Squirrel. It was busy hanging out with other squirrels, digging up seeds from the garden.
The first time I found a White Squirrel in Lambton County was in Wyoming, back in 2007.

Since there currently isn't much activity in the "Things with Wings" department, I searched my archives for some silly squirrel photos.
All tuckered out on a hot summer's day!

Guilty! Caught red-handed with his paw in the "cookie" jar.

The spray of snow was the result of a Black Squirrel vaulting from a nearby tree to the top of the bird feeder at Henderson C.A. a few years ago.

Your squirrel-proof feeder can't stop me from eating sunflower seeds!

Walnut Gold Mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment