Wednesday, December 8, 2021

 A Wonderful Wednesday!

It was my turn to find a Snowy Owl today! Many sightings have been noted in the area but this was my first of the year, and I found her on my own! 

Because of thick feathers necessary for insulation in the Arctic cold, the Snowy Owl is the largest owl by weight in North America. They typically weigh about 4 pounds, one pound heavier than a Great Horned Owl and twice the weight of a Great Gray Owl which is North America's tallest owl! Cornel Lab, All About Birds.

Although I didn't see the Wild Turkeys today, I saw their tracks in the fresh snow.

I think one of the turkeys tried to make a Snow Angel on the ice. LOL!

I stopped to look for the Downy Woodpecker when I heard him drumming on a dead tree 
above my head. It was wonderful to see the sun this afternoon!

No comments:

Post a Comment