Sunday, August 14, 2022

 Backyard Life:

An American Goldfinch became the 5th bird species that we have found playing in the backyard waterfall! It has been a favoured choice for thirsty birds, squirrels, skunks and even raccoons! We have yet to see a raccoon in the water, but the movement of large stones leads us to believe one could be the culprit.

2 male Baltimore Orioles calmly took turns at the bird feeder!

Black-eyed Susans are in full bloom. I look forward to seeing what kinds of life they attract this year!

A member of the Grape Leaffolder Moths had a rest on the flowers last evening.

I was saddened to see a blue squirrel in Canatara Park a few days ago. This morning there was one in our backyard. By scanning the pictures, I can tell they are 2 different squirrels. I wonder how many more are out there? I assume they are part of an elaborate squirrel relocation project by an irate home owner who got carried away.

No comments:

Post a Comment