Sunday, June 28, 2020

So Many Things With Wings!

A Dad Bluebird stood watch near his nest. I have not seen the young yet.

I watched a Green Heron catch a fish then fly up to a branch. He waited for 
the fish to stop wiggling before a quick flip, gulp, and breakfast was served!

So...if a Wild Turkey eats mulberries that have fallen from the tree, 
does that forgo the need for cranberry sauce at Thanksgiving??

This delightfully noisy House Wren took what appears to be a wish bone back 
to the nest cavity. He was probably trying to solve an argument between the kids!

A cousin to the House Wren, and equally noisy, is this Carolina Wren 
which we found overlooking the Ausable River Gorge at Hungry Hollow.

Lambton County has been "Cuckoo" for Cuckoos this spring. I can't recall seeing and hearing so many. A Yellow-billed Cuckoo must be nesting not far from my office as I have seen it on several occasions!

The Silly Red-winged Blackbirds were causing chaos again. The Great Blue Heron was not far from the Blackbirds nest, and I imagine if he found it, he would have no trouble plucking a young bird out of the nest!

No comments:

Post a Comment