Saturday, July 25, 2020

A Few of My Favourite Things...

12 Spotted Skimmer, male. When the feet are held together, the tiny hairs
 on the legs act as a net allowing Dragonflies to catch mosquitoes in flight!

I love listening to the loud vocals of the Carolina Wren.This one was 
quiet but I often wonder if fire truck sirens were designed to imitate their call!

I ventured down a trail in Canatara that is finally dry enough for walking 
and found a female Redstart. I had not seen any of their nests this spring. 
Perhaps the flooded land kept them hidden from humans.
I recently posted a photo of a very young katydid with extremely long antennae. 
This older katydid looks rather awkward with extremely long legs and antennae.

A Harvestman, or Daddy Long legs is resting in his dried leaf 
hammock! His long legs caught my eye as I walked down the path.

A Red-headed Woodpecker has successfully fledged from it's nest in 
Canatara. This juvenile with a grey head, was feasting on mulberries. 

No comments:

Post a Comment