Monday, August 16, 2021

Backyard Life in August:

I am happy that the Missouri Ironweed is blooming again. The purple flowers are a magnet for butterflies, including these Peck's Skippers.

A Great Spangled Fritillary stopped by for some nectar!

The not so common, Common Checkered Skippers have found the Black-eyed Susans again this year!

I am slowly adding more native species to our yard. I've been intrigued by the Spotted Bee Balm, a plant I was not familiar with before this year. The flowers are stacked in layers along the stems. Many thanks to Annie for her kind donations to my native garden!
The flowers in the garden are attracting lots of pollinators. This bee is covered with pollen grains.
Swamp Milkweed Leaf Beetle hanging out on the Orange Butterfly Weed.




No comments:

Post a Comment