Monday, August 30, 2021

 Photo-Bombed!

Deryl was photographing a Great Egret when the scene was photo-bombed by a juvenile Black-crowned Night Heron. There was an actual collision between the 2 birds, but the Egret stayed put and the Night Heron had to find a different perch!

While visiting a Butterfly garden near Hamilton, a Monarch stopped by to say 'hi'!


About a month ago, I photographed 2 different Six-spotted Fishing Spiders carrying very large egg sacs. 
On Saturday I checked out the lily pads again and discovered at least 100 spiderlings had hatched. One of the spiders was a proud Mom! I checked on them the next day and they had all gone into hiding.

I like the colour patterns on both the Upper and Lower Wings of the Common Checkered Skipper. I was happy to photograph 2 skippers together, showing both sides of the wing in my garden today!

Photographing an Orange Sulphur butterfly can be challenging at the best of times as they don't stay still very long. But this one saw the Ironweed in our backyard and knew it was a good spot for a nectar break!





No comments:

Post a Comment