Sunday, September 25, 2022

 Suncor and Wawanosh:

I took a chance on getting a sunrise photo Saturday morning and arrived at the Suncor Trail at 6:45 a.m. There was time to walk the trails and get into a good position for the view!

Thanks to my early arrival, I watched the juvenile, Black-crowned Night Heron fly into its regular hunting area. 


The next time I passed by the Night Heron's hang out, a Great-blue Heron had taken 
over the prime hunting location and the Night Heron was relegated to the muddy bank.

Hungry and speedy little birds were a challenge to photograph. A Yellow-rumped Warbler kindly stayed still long enough for me to take a couple of pics. 

An American Robin tried to stay warm by fluffing his feathers after the "drastic" drop in temperature.

Several Ruby-crowned Kinglets flitted through the trees and bushes searching for insects to eat.

I've always liked the vegetation "tunnel" that has formed along one of the Wawanosh trails.

No comments:

Post a Comment