Sunday, January 16, 2022

 January 15 &16, 2022

I have now seen a "thing that WILL GET WINGS" in each of the last 3 months! Thanks to our friend Allanah, we found this caterpillar during a walk at the Suncor Trail. I believe this is the larva of one of the Tiger Moths. 

"Rudolph the Red-nosed Chickadee!" A pair of Black-capped Chickadees were busy feeding on Sumac berries on the Suncor Trail. The fuzzy fruit is an important source of food in the cold winter months for many bird species!

Two of 9 White-crowned Sparrows that we found during our walk this afternoon.

A White-breasted Nuthatch struggled with a prized peanut yesterday. He dropped it twice while breaking it down to a manageable size.

Hermit Thrush popped up in front of me this morning. I think it was startled by some ice skaters who zoomed by on the frozen lake.

During the past week, I have seen as many as 16 American Robins at one time eating berries in Canatara Park!

No comments:

Post a Comment